Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oh, I think I remember you...

Well, it has been quite a while since I updated this blog. Things have been quite hectic but I've been holding it together for the most part.

Some updates about my life in general:
- I finished my spring semester and passed everything! I did very well in every class, except for the repeated one. Let's just leave it at the fact that I am no seamstress. I enjoyed my CAD for fashion class, learned some italian, and really loved my history of costume and textiles class.
- I have become quite a commited vegetarian. I still eat eggs on occasion and dairy, but no other animals or products! It's really fulfilling and I feel like I am eating better. I have developed a fierce love of cooking and trying new things, even more than when I was an omnivore. Everyone should go veg!
- I just started a summer class: Flat Pattern. A bit mundane and frustrating at times, but I really get the sense that I'm learning a lot. We have to make a final menswear and childrens wear outfit, so I am happy to finally being able to design and create! So add this to my two jobs and possible internship, and I basically have a limited amount of relaxation time.
- My moods and health have been relatively stable, though there's a lot more to work on still. I'm not used to taking daily meds, though I am on two that are helping my allergies and general health. I still can't remember to take my vitamins and calcium supplements, though.
- I got very beat up at the Gogol Bordello show in Philly in may, but it was amazing all the same. I was front center, against the barricade. Eugene spilled wine on us and I got some all over my face (and in my eye, ouch.) And at the end of the show he walked along the barricade and I got to touch him. Yes this is very important.

All in all, things are okay. I am ready to go to London right now, but I have to wait until next spring. Knowing I'll be studying there is really keeping me going through everything. I keep thinking of moving out, being independent, but I need to save up and really get ready. Everyone around me is moving on and I want to as well.

Anyway, I think a good picture post is in order. It's been so long, so I am going to include some older pics that I never got around to posting. Look for that later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment