Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Rococo Picnic and Isaac Mizrahi, PhilaU Fashion shows

Here are some pictures from a few special events I've atended/been a part of recently.

First, a few pics from the Rococo Picnic, hosted by Martha. I was looking forward to this day for a long time, and it was wonderful! We had a fabulous spread of food, a fun game of croquet (I won! haha) and just an amazing time. Spent some time with Mary and Millie afterwards, whixh was also wonderful. I am now hooked on sabrina's Cafe and must go back for brunch soon.

Anyway, a few shots of my outfit.






I didn't have time or the material to make an authentic period outfit, so I threw together some things I found in my house. I was inspired by Marie Antoinette's Petit Trianon looks and sackback dresses. I did my hair all by myself, including the powder. I found some fake hair to stuff inside to make it bigger. I promptly cut my hair a few days after this, but the style was so fun (though I think the flour started baking in the sun!)

Rundown of things I can remember:
overdress: vintage slip (given to me by a friend)
blouse: Forever 21 (or something)
skirt: My mom's bridal petticoat
socks: gifted
shoes: Irregular Choice ($3 at Philly aid thrift!)
hair accessories: made by me
jewelry: made by me, vintage pieces, and things that belonged to my grandmother

A few more shots from the day...



Gorgeous long skirted ladies! Me, Kelsey, Martha, Bianca



Tyler, Mary, Miakoda, and Mille, looking stunning!



Kelsey in a tree!

My school's fashion organization, FIA, always gets asked to help with the Saks Fifth Avenue fashion shows. This year, it was the Isaac Mizrahi show at the Bellevue. a few of us signed up to be dressers. It was a fantastic experience! The clothes were so great, and Isaac was there! He was hilarious. I got to talk to him too, though only briefly. My model, Camille, was super sweet and I had a great time.



Camille and I. That cardigan was so soft (if a little Bill Cosby haha). I just cut my hair and I'm wearing a dress i bought at a street market in L'Aquila last june.



Some girls from school and I.



backstage at Isaac!

The next day was my school's show at the Academy of Music. Camille found me at dress rehearsal and I was her dresser again (we use professional models for our shows.) All of the looks were really creative and many were impeccable. School shows are fun because everything is fresh, experimental, and new. I can't wait to be showing my outfits one day!



In front of our rack.



Laura was my dressing partner. Here we are with Camille.



Backstage picture.



Camille and another model.



More backstage shots.



Ready to start!

Expect a huge outfit post in the near future, hopefully later today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment