Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm so bored of the USA...

I have been back in the USA for over a week now, and I am somewhat re-adjusted. I am sorry for the lack of posts, but as soon as classes started, my life became too busy and tiring for blogging. That really is no excuse, but oh well.

From the last post until now, I:
Started my classes: menswear (my favorite by far), literary london, fashion shows, fashion internship
Secured a positition as an intern in the womenswear studio of Alexander McQueen
Designed a great capsule collection for menswear and executed my three pieces perfectly
Was visited by my boyfriend, who insisted we spend a fabulous weekend in Berlin (he knew I loved it)
Made some great friends (Alice, Jay, Shaqwanda)
Went clubbing in Soho quite a lot
Became a devoted customer to a great cafe in Soho, Foxcroft & Ginger
Started to really like London, even as it ate away at my bank account
Partied with the city for the royal wedding
Went to Brussels with Caitlin for Easter Weekend, where we tried a bunch of local beers and wandered around the city
Went to Paris with Alice the following weekend, where we wandered around the fiercely beautiful city and went to the top of the Eiffel Tower
Explored so many areas of London, but always returned to the same neighborhoods and markets: Brick lane, Soho, etc
Worked my ass off as an intern at McQueen
Worked the sample sale for McQueen, where I was rewarded by a pair of amazing boots and a discount on some pieces: mens shirt, scuba skirt, and fabric (I'm thinking from Plato's atlantis) for myself, a t-shirt for the boy and a draped top for my mom
And just generally had an amazing time, complete with great experiences, stress, and good memories. It's strange to be back here, but I get to enjoy summer with my friends in a city I love, so it's not so bad.

Oh, and I have a thousand pictures. I will post more about individual experiences and things, but for now, just an overview and post to say I am alive.
































That's all for now. I am still using the excuse of jetlag and general restlessness to explain why I am tired and not ready to work again. This will all change soon, but I will enjoy it for now.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, your experiences sound amazing. You make me want to go to Berln. And to be more adventurous in general.
    Also, I don't know if I've mentioned this, but even though I don't really know your boyfriend, you two look so adorable and perfect together. I'm really happy for you two!

    ReplyDelete